Thursday, May 19, 2011

Done de Doc

People. May 19th doth be upon us.

Do you know what this means?

.

......

..........

.....

.

THE DOCUMENTARY IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh JOYOUS day!!!!!!!!

On the first of May when we left Denmark for Istanbul, I remember longing for this moment of documentaire completion. Thinking about all the filmig and editing and EVERYTHING that we had to accomplish from the 1st to the 19th didn't seem possible, and I thought it would take years before the stress of production would ease.

But as always on this side of the ocean, time flies.

And I would give ANYTHING to do it all over again. AH! Take me back to the platform at Aarhus before this all began!!!!









After more than a month of working with Hugo and Marieke on this final assignment - and after a sleepless, and deliriously fun night at school ALLLLLL night last night - we have brainstormed, researched, traveled, interviewed, researched, filmed, edited, filmed, edited, traveled, brainstormed and edited some more, forming 9 hours of footage into a 12-minute piece on the conflict between religion and secularism in Turkey. CAN YE BELIEVE IT LASS?





















When I get my version up online, I will defs post the link yo.

All we have left of this semester is our exam on Tuesday, so it's truly partay time for the internash TV class. However. I don't think that party planned in the picture above will actually go down tonight. We are all ZONKED to say the least, and some people are STILL at school now finishing up. After 35+ hours with no sleep, I don't think many people will have it in them to party like it's 1999.

So! In that case, I shall keep drinking this Tuborg all on my lonesome (a due date this grand deserves SOME celebtration, yeah?) until Marieke comes in an hour to watch a movie :)

...jeez, you'd think I'd be sick of her after a month of practically living with her.

HA! Totally not. I do believe I have laughed more with Marieke over the past month than some people do in a year. Or more really! Our plan is to watch "500 Days of Summer" and be all zen like it's only February...

Time is going...

Toronto is on the horizon...

But that's for later.

For now, European lovin' under a Danish sun.

YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment