Thursday, February 3, 2011

CanadiDane

I took a walk downtown from school today.

We finished class at around 1:30, so I had a few hours to kill before coming back for the pizza party and "cultural presentation" night!

I didn't know exactly where I was headed, or where I wanted to end up, or how to even get to where I thought I might arrive at...

But my iPod was playing, my hood was up, my black boots were clicking on the uneven cobblestone as I headed down "Nerres Alle."

They clicked to the beatz in my ears, the wind blew with a warm, foreshadowing force, and the bikes zoomed past me as I walked by my name etched on a building's edge.

"This is just the beginning and the city is yours."

I'm in DENMARK, I thought, and I'm supposed to be.

And I smiled big enough for the passing person to look twice.





1 comment: