Friday, February 25, 2011

So an American, an Australian, a Hollander, a Slovakian, a Canadian, and a Belgian are sitting in a living room...

And they're all watching The Heartbreak Kid on a Friday night.

True story, no punchline.

There's a TV in my common room, and though most channels are in Danish, we found an English one tonight with Danish subtitles! The movie itself sucked, but we decided that watching subtitles are a really effective way to learn a language. Pssh. Mayhaps I'll just skip my first Danish lesson next week.

But in GRANDER news:

While my intention was to edit my second TV assignment this afternoon, I accomplished something else.

I have booked my spring break:

IN THE SECOND-LAST WEEK OF APRIL, I WILL BE GALAVANTING FROM

PERUGIA,

TO ROME,

TO BARCELONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUN, BEACH AND THE TREVI FOUNTAIN? YES PLEASE.

Yes, yes, you're right. A trip like this ain't cheap. My credit card and I aren't on speaking terms at the moment actually. BUT. In this situation, I decided to allow myself to not think and just DO it.

Hugo and I (and Marije, Christina, and Kristine who were watching us like it was a movie) spent a good hour this afternoon sifting through flights on the internet. What's the cheapest route I could take? Should I book a round trip and use trains in between? Should I not go to Perugia? Should I skip Barcelona?

We went at it from pretty much every angle possible in order to save me some dough. But the cheaper options meant that I would be spending 13 hours waiting at an airport, or getting to a destination at 2:00 in the morning, or missing out on something that I may not get to experience again in my life...

So, after biting my lip and listening to some advice from my friends, I silenced the voice in my head.

"NOPE," I proclaimed. "LET'S BOOK IT ALL!!!!!"

And we all cheered each time the computer screen told me a flight was processed. HA! That hour was a liberating experience in itself.

Sometimes you gotta EAT the dough in the form of Italian pizza instead of worrying about it, you know???

SUNFLOWER FIELDS, I'M COMIN FOR YA!!!!!! :D



Forgot to say...

don't worry about your money!!! Experience Europe!! Once in a lifetime to be there at this age with no ties. Lap it up!!

lovya

Dad

1 comment:

  1. That's mah gurl!! Come home with the bank account empty and the memory account full!!

    ReplyDelete