Sunday, February 6, 2011

To football, or not to football

Some facts about Sunday, February 6, 2011:

  • I took an afternoon trip to the OCEAN today with Wendy, Marieke and Kristine! It was cloudy and rather chilly, but it got us excited for future picnics in warmer weather.
  • I had baby food for dinner. Oh yes. But it wasn't your typical Gerber mashed carrot mixture! It was rather a Slovakian concoction made by Kristine! I'll have to ask her again what it's called, but it's an interesting mixture of milk, sugar, and a mystery ingredient from Slovakia that I also can't remember the name of. She boiled those 3 ingredients together, then serve it as a porridge-like substance with butter and chocolate sprinkles on top!
  • Superbowl Sunday isn't just a big deal in America.

It's 8:00 p.m., but Danish football fans have to wait another 4 hours to watch the big game on TV since it will start transmitting at midnight!

Naturally, there's a party happening at the Skoldhoj bar (right in the middle of the Skoldhoj Kollegiet complex) complete with wings and nachos and banana cream pie at the 4 in the morning. It was my plan, and a whole bunch of other peoples' plans, to head over there at midnight to show some American spirit...but then I realized that I have to leave for school at 8 a.m.

It's not like I'm a diehard football fan. I mostly just like the funny Nissan commercials and the half time show...but it only happens once a YEAR!

OH what to DO, what to do.

I believe I will do some readings, send some e-mails, and continue listening to Ace of Base, I Saw The Sign until I decide when the hour of 11:59 doth arrive...if I'm not asleep on this keyboard before then. These 3 a.m. weekend nights really catch up with ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment